How do we know someone is listening to us?
Some activities of the listener can identify that s/he is listening to us. They are as follows:
- Eye contact to speaker
- Nodding head to response speaker
- Body position of listener
- Facial expressions of listener
- Asking questions to speaker by listener
- Answering the questions of speaker by listener
- Give smile to speaker on certain situations
- Producing some responding sounds such as um, aha, ooh, humm etc.
- Mirroring (i.e. coping or being intimate with the emotions of speaker)
- Making notes about whatever the speaker is telling